Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Port St. Lucie smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your Port St. Lucie home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and find tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Port St. Lucie do for you?
Wirelessly linking to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded video streams from your connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Port St. Lucie by setting schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The main screen will post a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Port St. Lucie
Even though multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote access, tap phone or email and enter the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Port St. Lucie security system. Call (772) 257-4553 to get started.